Double Bach is a collaborative project between the musician Pablo Martin Caminero, from which the original idea of adapting the Suites for cello No. 1 and 2 of JS Bach to the double bass, coupling both tone and technique (pizzicato instead of bow) and the choreographer Antonio Ruz.
- Stage direction and choreography: Antonio Ruz
- Original idea and interpretation on double bass (pizzicato): Pablo Martín Caminero
- Dance: Melania Olcina
- Choreographic collaboration: Tamako Akiyama
- Costume design and stage space: Daniela Presta y Antonio Ruz
- Illumination design: Antonio Serrano
- Sound design: Javier Álvarez
- Production: Compañía Antonio Ruz / Spectare
- Duration aprox.: 50min.
With the support of Centro de Danza Canal and Compañía Nacional de Danza.
Premiere July 15th 2016 at Festival Internacional de Teatro Clásico de Almagro.
Antonio Ruz, choreographer
Melania Olcina, dancer
Pablo Martín Caminero, bass
* * *